Re: {[MV] your papers, please

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 08:32:02 PDT

Glenn has posted this twice.

--- Glenn Shaw <wolf.star@verizon.net> wrote:
> > > All in all I don't think anyone should get their
> underwear in a twist over this

Alas, I fully and heartily disagree. And whether a
tiny step or a large one, it is indeed a further
travelling down the road to full monitoring of the
entire citizenry.

and the "i have nothing to hide, i have done nothing
illegal" comment is just a tad naive.

What was once legal can easily be made illegal.
Remember prohibition??
or simply being Jewish in Nazi Germany, or gay, or
"non-conformist"?
What about a having been a succesful businessman in
Russia in 1917?
or just being an artist, writer, educator or even
"old" prior the Red Guard rampage in China..
Or, just look at Canada's new (and exceedingly costly)
gun registry.. FOR EXAMPLE- a (now) registered owner
of an ordinary deer rifle, or antique rifle, must
advise the police if they move. Failure to do so makes
dad or grandpa ...a criminal (as does failure to
register any and all firearms). Funny though, a former
convicted prisoner doesnt have to tell the police when
they move...

History has thousands of examples of things being
legal then illegal, and stuff like this makes it just
that much easier to target you..

"sorry sir, we've decided that antique military
vehicles should not be in private hands" zip..away
goes your collection

or "its now been decided that private ownership of
vehicles using fossil fuels is no longer permitted"

Such ID cards can (and will Im sure) be eventually
used in conjunction with scanners to gain admission to
all kinds of places..and once scanned, there will be a
record of you having been there, whereever "there"
might be, and who knows how that may eventually be
used against you..

Remember the hearings for US Judge Thomas when his
video rental was brought up??? That's scary!

Anyway, if you are unhappy about this, best to
complain to your senator. Complaining on lists like
this serves very little indeed.