Re: [MV] **** HMVs banned from parades ****

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 08:13:12 PDT

This kind of reminds me of something I heard about
once. I don't remember the whole story. Im sure some
of you other guys heard about his story too...
So this guy was traveling in his DUKW to a show, he
decided to travel by river (it is a DUKW afterall). He
got his rig all decked out. Bog ol' American flag,ring
mount and a mock .50. Somewhere during his trip the
police through up a... river-block and detained him. I
don't think he actually got arrested; being that he
wasn't actually breaking any laws. Apparently someone
had phoned in a "gunboat" moving down the river
towards the city. I think this was one of those
situations where people just needed to use their heads
a little bit. The guy with the DUKW probably should
have known better than to travel with a mock .50
mounted on it (even though I probably would have done
it too.) The person/people who called it in should
have realized that a WW2 era boat/truck is probably
NOT storming the city. The police...well the police
responded to a perceived threat. Which is what they
are supposed to do. Although Im sure they probably
showed their ass when they actually apprehended this
grave threat. We all know how sometimes...the police
love to parade their ignorance.
Anyway...just thought Id share my story.