WWII MV Convoy through the MO Wine Country aftermath and picts

From: Scherrer, Tim (scherrert@missouri.edu)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 11:37:56 PDT

The WWII Military vehicle Convoy through the Missouri Wine Country went
off basically without a hitch on Saturday May 7 2005. We had 70
participants and 21 vehicles (4 dodges and 17 jeeps). We stopped at 5
official locations and had two other stops.

The stop at Baldridge School, which was General Bradley's grade school,
was well received by a free refreshments provided by the numerous people
from the building's preservation committee. Considering the obscurity
of the location the turnout was amazing, and the hospitality was second
to none. In Fayette, we stopped for lunch at the Middle School and they
had the Columbia Community band, as well as memorabilia from vets in the
region. A highlight included a reenacting member of the 1st SSF making
connections with one of the very few captured members of the force. The
stop in Boonville was well received with period type refreshments near
the river and square. The convoy divided in Rocheport after receiving a
flag waving welcome with some staying in town to check out the antique
stores and some hitting the winery.

To see pictures of the event, go to these websites:

Below are nearly 200 photos from the Arrowhead MVPA chapter....thanks to
Linda Haas..."Check out the website www.arrowhead-mvpa.com then click on
Photo Albums and finally, click on newest to see the newest albums. "

Todd's picts: http://orion.lunarpages.com/~darkwa2/todd/Convoy_05/

Reworked Pics:
http://orion.lunarpages.com/~darkwa2/todd/Convoy_05/Rework/BOB.jpg
http://orion.lunarpages.com/~darkwa2/todd/Convoy_05/Rework/Chad_River.jp
http://orion.lunarpages.com/~darkwa2/todd/Convoy_05/Rework/Baxter_Russ_O
ld_2.jpg

Keenan's Pics: http://orion.lunarpages.com/~darkwa2/todd/Keenan_Convoy/

I am already working on next year's event, with stops tentatively
planned at the site of the Civil War Centralia Massacre, Mexico,
Missouri (possibly the Audrain County Historical Society) and perhaps
the Fulton Churchill Memorial.

Tim Scherrer
Coordinator of the 2005 WWII MV Convoy through the Missouri Wine Country