Re: [MV] M38A1 Guru part deux

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 04:27:22 PDT

TJ,

The M38A1 has a Loop Leg on the left & none on the right. It lays against
the fender well.

If the seat is not level, the Loop is too high. The fact that it reclines
can be for two reasons.

The Individual assigned the vehicle was very big, very tall or very heavy.
You know, during the years when we wanted warriors, not politically correct
skinny robots.

The Motor Pool often pressed the seat frame with a Bulldozer Blade or Bucket
Loader Blade to lean it back. Just above the seat it should bend
straight up to match the drivers seat.

I will look for a picture of mine later or take a digital picture & send it.
Do not waste $$$ buying another, since it can be fixed easily.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA