Re: [MV] M38A1 Guru part deux

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 10:23:36 PDT

I had the same problem on a MUTT seat. So after careful analysis I decided that
the frame was just bent. A friend of mine and I engaged a coupla 2x4 then
pushed it back into position.

Buzz

On Sun, 15 May 2005 04:23:36 +0000, you wrote:
>Ok, fellas...the new brake system has been installed on my ragtag Iraqi
Insurgent M38A1 and the other systems I've addressed are coming together nicely,
but for lack of some key parts, I am at the moment dealing with other, more
cosmetic stuff, just to kill time.

>Here's the problem...
>
>I noticed the right front seat sits lower at the rear (and as a result,
reclines much further back) than the driver's seat and it has a "Detroit Lean"
thing going.. There is only one (undamaged) stock support leg for the seat at
the back..on the left, welded to the elbow of the seat frame (radiused junction
of the the seat base and seat back). I see no indication that there was ever
one attached on the right side (not surprising as it would likely interfere with
the amount of space available for passengers getting in and out of the back with
the seat folded forward). And, I don't see that there was ever some kind of
support attached to the body tub to support the seat at the right rear corner.
However..the seat would at least sit level if there were SOMETHING there to
support it. Right now it rests against the right rear fender well. But, even
if I created a support for the right side that was the same height as the one on
the left this would still not resolve the fact
> that the seat is reclined a great deal more than the driver's seat. If I
lift the right front seat by hand so that it is level with and mirrors the
driver's seat I can see that the right front seat frame is true and not bent.
Grrrrrrrrrr!

>I know this ain't right and the whole thing is makin' me nuts. Am I
overlooking something? The TM's don't show anything on this.