Re: [MV] Humvee 1097 question

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 16:15:07 PDT

Scuba Steve wrote:
> I have a humvee that is a model number 1097 and it
> is not set up for any configuration at this time but
> does have a heavy aluminum bracket bolted to the floor
> going down the inside of the body on both sides. Hard
> to explain but it looks like a communications body or
> ambulance body would slide in and rest on these
> brackets. Anyone have any idea what I am talking
> about or can anyone help let me know what purpose they
> serve. Chances are I will never use them but I have
> never seem them before. Thanks

Does it look like this?

http://www.nf6x.net/greentruck/truck2/p38.jpg

If so, then your truck could have been configured as a commo shelter
carrier. I converted my M998 into an M1037 shelter carrier, which
involved installing the mounting frame, upgrading the rear suspension, etc.:

http://www.nf6x.net/greentruck/truck2/mods.html#shelter

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/