Re: [MV] Cautionary tale re loading steel tracked vehicles

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 06:13:02 PDT

My tale(s)

I carry my 1944 Clark-Air airborne bulldozer in a WW2
Searchlight trailer. It was almost made for it! It is also
steel on steel. Luckily, when I back in, the back of the dozer is
inside the trailer before it starts to slip/skid so it cannot fall
off of the ramp. It only has to climb about 12 inches anyways
as the SL trailer is very low to the ground. I do intend to weld
a couple cleats onto the ramp, but the ramp (non stock) is sooo heavy,
and keeps getting heavier 8-) as time goes on that I am reluctant
to until I can make a couple access/weight reducing holes in it.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce