RE: [MV] rust converter to use in mil vehicle restorations

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 09:43:34 PDT

I had used some in the trunk of my 1970 Plymouth, as there was a small
leak and water was getting it slightly rusty under the carpet. As a
preventative measure, I used the paint on stuff. It was clearish to
start and turned a firm dark transparent resin-like substance after it
dried up. It chemically bonds to the rust and seals everything up...
It's great stuff, but I'd only recommend it for places that are out of
the normal view. Under carpet, inside of wheel wells, the underside of a
vehicle, etc etc. This was about 5 or 6 years ago, so sorry I don't
remember the brand I used.

Aaron Horrocks
Airsoft Reenactor's Group, Mopar Alley, MVCC, NRA, & Saint Jame's
Grenadier Member
1952 M38A1
1970 Plymouth
1986 G.P. Medium