RE: [MV] rust converter to use in mil vehicle restorations

From: Henry J. Fackovec (HFackovec@EasternEMS.com)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 22:29:13 PDT

Hi Mike:

POR 15 5 (Paint over Rust) is a great product, I have used it on several
restorations and it is fabulous.

It is a self leveling black paint, also comes in clear. It dries to a
porcelin like hardness. Does not adhere to clean metal or painted
surfaces, but converts the rusty surface somehow. It can then be primed
and painted.

Three WARNINGS:

FIRST: DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR HANDS, CLOTHES, DOG, CHILD OR ANYTHING ELSE
THAT YOU DO NOT WANT BLACK TILL IT WEARS OFF. (I thought they were
kidding about not getting it on your skin, I walked around with black
hands for weeks, it gets into the pores and does not wash out.

SECOND: Do not use it in your good spray gun, it will not clean out. (I
have a really nice DeVabliss HVLP gun for sale cheap

THIRD: If you need a gallon of it, buy 4 quart cans- it is best to use
it fresh out of the can, not a previously opened can.

Good luck, It is a bit expensive, but worth it.
Hank