Rubber-Metal bonding on a Weasel

From: Jim Stead (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 10:05:59 PDT

  I'm looking for a way to reattach the rubber pads to the tracks of an M29
weasel. The pads don't have and securing bolts and appear to have been
molded onto or bonded onto the steel grousers.
  Does anyone know where I could find out more about super-strong adhesives?
I'm thinking I would sandblast the steel then 'glue' the rubber pads back
on. I took a look at chemlock's adhesives, but the seem more for very
tightly controlled production environments. I don't think my backyard prep
and c-clamps would be quite the same. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,
Jim