The values of some people inside this mailing list

From: Scherrer, Tim (scherrert@missouri.edu)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 07:10:28 PDT

In the past three days a couple list members have:

-Called me messianic

-Called me a nazi regime

-Accused me of deception regarding my event

-Insulted my event

-Insulted the University of Missouri, where I teach people to be Army officers (see the PS below)

-...And now making sneering references to my former marriage, which ended in a divorce in January

I would expect this kind of behavior from teenagers, but from grown men? What kind of values to do you hold? What do you teach your children? Shame on you! I suggest you go read the bible, or as a minimum the Army values, specifically the value of respect.

And what is all of this over....I had the idea to take WWII vehicles, load them with WWII reenactors, and travel to a bunch of small towns that never get anyone visiting them. In the small towns talk to the vets, educated the kids, and just meet rural America. Why does this concept scare you so much? Is it that dangerous of an event? I don't get it.

Now the three of you are making this out to be a hobby death match. If this bickering about an event is your version of the hobby, then in my opinion the hobby does need to change. And all of this is about an event a thousand miles from where you live that you never have would attend anyway. Rather than say someone is doing something different in Missouri, great, you paint me as satan reincarnated. And this is all coming from about three guys on the east coast.

The few of you I am addressing need to take a good hard look at what you stand for, because you've painted a pretty ugly picture of yourselves on your own.

As for the rest of you on the list, thanks for the dozen off line messages of support during these flames....I appreciate it and look forward to meeting the ones who said they were now going to attend the event.

Tim A. Scherrrer

Coordinator of the WWII MV Convoy, and damn proud of it too!

PS: As for the snotty University of Missouri references, I suggest you see the Wall Street Journal article from 11 May 2005 entitled A Tale of Two Columbias, (http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110006675 )which compares Columbia University to the University of Missouri. Once you read the article, email me and I will tell you about the man who was my student of three years, recruiting colleague and a man who married my neighbor.