Honor and respect for history

From: mark fisher (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 06:45:45 PDT

That's a tough question- I used to wear period uniforms when doing WW2
living history displays for the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum and
recieved nothing but complements from vets (and startled reactions from some
people who thought I was another museum mannequin.) But I've havn't been
driving the M715 much this year (partially because I broke one of the spring
shackles) as I get a lot of people treating me like I'm active duty- I've
even had people ask what unit I'm from. I do my best to explain, but most
people have no idea what the difference is between 1967 Era markings and
current. I just feel there are too many real heros driving around out there
who have returned from or on the way overseas, and I don't want people
confusing me with someone who is currently serving. I'd feel different if it
was a WW2 vehicle, but in a lot of ways the M715 is almost too modern...

Just my 2 cents
Cheers
Mark