Re: [MV] Honor and respect for history

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 16:10:13 PDT

Lance,

Thanks for the history lesson. I enjoyed reading this info. I was
discharged from active duty June, 1966. I, too, was at Fort Polk taking
Basic. My last day was the day that Kennedy was assassinated.

If anyone is interested, I found authentic US ARMY tapes in black w/gold
lettering. I have not found the stamped name tapes, so I used my old
ones. They do make some that look pretty good but they are stitched. I
have also located period uniforms for the early 60's.

A lot of the reproduction uniforms, badges, patches, rank insignia, etc.
are close but not 100% authentic. To the untrained eye, they would look
to be. They are close enough for "government" purposes though. (;>)

If anyone else has any history, I would be interested in reading it too.

Royce