[MV] Honor and respect for history

From: Jonathan Boos (acfarer@cox.net)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 14:20:03 PDT

I've gotta weigh in here. It seems that every so often, someone on this list
slings mud or get his/her feelings hurt and it starts a whole doodoo storm
of posts and leaves the purists (see off topic posts) with a knot in thier
knickers.

While this thread is not off topic, I think that the folks who consider
re-inacting a farce or somehow offensive or disrespectful should realize
that THE WHOLE REASON FOR THIS LIST is so folks can share thier bit of
history and re-inact to some degree themselves. Why the passion for
collecting "Green Iron"? Don't even start to tell me that they have them for
the mileage or that they ride better than a Lexus or even a Hyudai for that
matter. We all collect them out of reverence of what they represent. The
mightyest country the planet has ever known and the men and women who drove
them in theater. Now there may be "wanna-be" folks out there, but I defy you
to find one on this list. Let get back to sharing our hobby instead of
infighting.
My $.02

Jonathan