Re: [MV] MV's not allowed to participate in the Veteran's Day

From: tsgcdo Dragisich (tsgcdo@msn.com)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 01:51:07 PDT

David,

We agree on a lot more things than we disagree.

First of, I understand your point of view that you feel it's wrong for the
MVPA to sponsor any event that is not open to all vehicles. I'm curious,
what do you do in the case when let's say the DOD asks for the MVPA's
assistance in
the dedication of Korean War Memorial in the Greater Indianapolis area.
They want Korean War era vehicles only. Why would it be ok for someone to
bring a 1943 Kubelwagon, a Pinzgauer, an OT810, a M151A2, etc., to that
event?

Second, I agree that decision on who is allowed to participate in the
parade rests with the sponsors of that event. Having said that, I am
curious about that Veterans Day Parade. Are ALL the participants, including
the marching bands, the classic car club, etc., in this parade veterans?

Regards,
Mike