Re: [MV] Honor and respect for history

From: flyn3nvt@adelphia.net
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 22:36:36 PDT

 well, to finnish that..........................I wont wear a uniform at parades, I just the driver. When at parades, the true veterans are there and I will not wear it. Its there day. BUT, I do attend Living History events and will put on the uniform of a Line Haul Driver in Vietnam. As a History buff, I have found it important to teach people what it was like. Though I am 30, they are honored that someone is even doing it and has the interest. But the public, thats different. At the last Living History Event, our MV group had a time line representing from WW1 calvary (actual Horse included this yr and GMMVC member) WW2 infantry, Korea Artilery Battery, Vietnam Transportaton and 80's transportation. A lady came up to me and asked if this was 1950 and i said no, 1970 and she replied "Ohh Vietnam" and in amazement walked off like it was not part of history that was important. But for the most part, the many thanks that i get during the summer makes me keep adding to the collection and hopefully one day I will have someone to hand it over too that has the same interest and keep it going.