Why didn't I think of this! OT

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 08:19:02 PDT

I was reading an article about how these new hybrids
run on petrol engine to electric motor and back to
engine all without hearing or even feeling a starter
engage.

ANSWER: Its because they don't have one! Least not
in the conventional sense (see below). Wondering how
long it will take the military to use this fantastic
idea?

Imagine the bellhousing area of your engine has been
replaced by a large electric motor which also acts as
an alternator and a starter when needed.

By a simple flip of a sensor switch this area becomes
a large powerful electric motor which can power your
vehicle at city speeds or it can turn over the
gasoline powered part or act as an alternator. It
does this all thru sensors and only as needed.
Example: Braking or deceleration or while in engine
only mode at high speed it acts as an alternator.

Totally seamless, quiet and the design has removed the
alternator and starter as seperate components which
actually makes this method cost less than the original
method and it's more reliable.

It's more economical, simple and like I said far more
reliable....thats amazing isn't it?