RE: [MV] Why didn't I think of this! OT

From: Ziptar.mil-veh.list@ziptar.com
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 08:30:04 PDT

 They are way ahead of you.....

http://evworld.com/archives/conferences/evs14/humvee.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Mil-Veh Co. [mailto:milveh@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:19 AM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] Why didn't I think of this! OT

I was reading an article about how these new hybrids run on petrol engine to
electric motor and back to engine all without hearing or even feeling a
starter engage.

ANSWER: Its because they don't have one! Least not in the conventional
sense (see below). Wondering how long it will take the military to use this
fantastic idea?

Imagine the bellhousing area of your engine has been replaced by a large
electric motor which also acts as an alternator and a starter when needed.

By a simple flip of a sensor switch this area becomes a large powerful
electric motor which can power your vehicle at city speeds or it can turn
over the gasoline powered part or act as an alternator. It does this all
thru sensors and only as needed.
Example: Braking or deceleration or while in engine only mode at high speed
it acts as an alternator.

Totally seamless, quiet and the design has removed the alternator and
starter as seperate components which actually makes this method cost less
than the original method and it's more reliable.

It's more economical, simple and like I said far more
reliable....thats amazing isn't it?

===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=== To unsubscribe, send e-mail
to: <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org> To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to
<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org> To reach a human, contact <ack@mil-veh.org>