Veteran Issue

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 10:10:04 PDT

Some years ago a retired WW2 Colonel - Sir Gideon Ponsonby-Peach if I
recall, went to Brixton South London proudly wearing his medals to talk
about service to King and Country. He showed the mainly Jamaican children
his decorations and asked if they knew what his MC stood for - none did so
he explained it was Military Cross. Same happened with his MM ( Military
medal) and then finally he said who knows what this one is - the DSO.

"I do" said a Caribbean voice from the back "De Esso Sign Means Happy
Motoring"