Re: [MV] frauds on eBay

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 15:24:56 PDT

This month, for the first time ever, I had an issue with PayPal. They
did resolve it fairly quickly once I started shaking their tree. I did
have to call them because their automated problem reporting system
(cough cough) doesn't have any options to report problems with the
system itself.

My case was similar to Everette's in that I sent money to a friend's
account and he never received it. It was debited from my account, just
didn't show up on his end. I finally got sick of waiting and called to
straighten it out. PayPal support said they saw the transaction and
that everything was OK. I said it wasn't since my friend didn't have
the money. I was transfered at least once and they put me on hold a
couple of times. I didn't buy it that everything was all cool because
of this. But that was their final answer so I decided to let it be and
check with my friend again. Well gosh golly gee... guess what showed
up when he logged in 5 minutes later? Yup... the money he had been
waiting for 2 weeks to receive, and had supposedly been there all
along, was NOW there. Coincidence? I don't think so. The important
thing is that I got my issue resolved and didn't lose anything in the
process.

Steve

P.S. yes, I know my friend was being honest and not trying to pocket
the money. If he screwed around with me not only would he lose a good
friend but he would lose an excellent job. I'm also his employer :-)
He has plenty of better ways to steal from me if he was so inclined.