Re: [MV] Another "What is it"

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 18:49:23 PDT

Baker Hotel still stands but in disrepair. I believe the "wells" in the
couryard are now fenced off.
I heard that some "Hollywood actress" now owns the Baker but can't
confirm that.
Fort Wolters is now an industrial developement but has an active reserve
unit there. An armor unit, but I'm not sure of the designation.
The bridge layer came from another reserve unit on hwy 180 1/2 mile or so
west of the main gate. It was pretty neat to watch that thing climb the
hill to the "motor pool" area. Gives a new perspective to the meaning of
diesel power.

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW

On Sun, 22 May 2005 21:22:00 -0400 "Larry Tighe"
<larryradio@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Ahhh, Mineral Wells TX, Fort Wolters, and the Baker Hotel.....that
> was our
> primary helicopter training facility. Friendliest people I've ever
>
> met.....Is the Baker Hotel still there.....the mineral waters to
> heal your
> body?
>
> lar

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966