Re: [MV] USS America scrap option - I volunteer to take the next one off the Gov

From: Erik Lundquist (Erik_lundquist@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 18:55:51 PDT

I would rather have useful data come out of the sinking of her than and
amount of money. If it helps in the next generation of ship design, and
makes them safer for the men and women who serve on them money is a
non-issue. I'm sure the asbestos was removed prior to sinking, the military
abides by all OSHA and EPA requirements these days.
cheers,
erik

"Our country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There
won't be any America - because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take
our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC