RE: [MV] Aervoe Paint

From: Baker, George R. - Eastman (grbaker@eastman.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 18:01:26 PDT

Mike, take the Aervoe back and get some Gillespie, the Aervoe will fade out before summer is over..trust me.

G.R.Baker

________________________________

Sent: Tue 5/24/2005 8:55 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] Aervoe Paint

Ok, we bought some Aervoe paint to do the M1009 with. It was suggested by
the place we bought it from to mix it with xylene (20%). The place we
bought the primer from sold us Naptha instead. We used that, but we had
some strange color mis-match, and some odd striping that almost looked like
it was some overspray.

My question is, for those of you that have used Aervoe paint before, how do
you mix it? And what with?

BTW, this is '383' Green....

We plan to do a final coat tomorrow (did the first one Sunday), to stick
with the 72 hours the paint says to wait if not within the first 12 or so...

I figure at this point its best to see what works for people, so that my
final coat looks good!

Mike

[* Internet Mail *]