HMMWV injector pump into M1009

From: chriscase (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 18:45:52 PDT

I finally got my Brand New DB2 (GL surplus) pump mounted into my M1009
Blazer. Seems to run lots better in low-mid range. I had already advanced
the old one to make up for the advance/retard problem, so I don't feel lots
of full-throttle improvement. I'm hoping for better fuel economy. The new
pump it the later one for use with "single fuel' program, they're supposed
to wear better. Only problem is that the new throttle shaft lacks the
cross-pin that works the transmission kick down/vacuum valve gismo. Must I
replace the valve to get it driven, or is there some little adapter-gizmo
available? The end of the shaft is half-round (D-shaped), would a new valve
come with the gismo, use it for this application, discard if un needed? Or
should I try drilling the shaft for a roll pin?

Thanks for your input,
Chris