Patton Museum Event

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 13:14:31 PDT

Just back from the annual "Life of the Soldier" event at Fort Knox! To say
the least, the Museum staff had a GREAT program this year!

5-M5A1 Tanks
2-Shermans
3-Halftracks
M20 Armored Car
a host of jeeps, WC and CCKW

Germans

2-Damogs
Kettenkrad
a host of AT guns
2-Hetzers

Film ongoing for the Discovery Channel.

Lots of modern Armor! The display included Abrams, bradley and M88..all
open and available to explore in and out.

Most of note a full platoon of M5s in the field with full crews.......a
first as far as I know of in the states in years!

Weather was perfect. The fact that the Armor School might relocate made it
special as it might be the last.

If you like the sights and sounds of armor on the move, this event is the
one! We also had a closed viewing at the Patton museum where you could crawl
in and out of the tanks on display in the museum.

Jon