Re: [MV] PAINTS..M SERIES

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 21:50:51 PDT

My local Sherwin Williams paint store orders CARC for me. It comes in with
his regular shipments, and I don't have to pay any shipping or hazardous
materials special handling charges. The price is better than from the local
auto paint suppliers for acrylic enamels. MEK for thinner as per
recommendations.

Here's a link to Sherwin Williams military coatings webpage:

http://www.ddcg.com/dev/chemicalcoatings/milSpecCarc.asp

Not recommended for the haphazard, or those not likely to use personal
protective gear. I learned respect by using IMRON on tractor trailer rigs
20 years ago. I saw several get very sick, and take a long time to recover.

Anyway, it's an alternative source, that's available. I don't believe that
I've seen any CARC turn pink, yet.
.
Of course, this won't apply to noncurrent paint jobs, and I stand aside to
those of you that have the expertise on the subject.

John Doherty