Combat Action Badge (CAB)

From: Scherrer, Tim (scherrert@missouri.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 07:59:50 PDT

The people who are really getting beaten up are the transporters in
Iraq....they are fighting through ambushes and IEDs in Iraq as much as
the Infantry is. The combat arms go in with overwhelming force, but
they are less well armed than those in Armored vehicles.

Our recent grad who died in a VBIED attack in April against his Stryker
was an Armored officer leading an infantry platoon....so his troops were
all eligible for CIBs, but he wasn't, so this picks up the slack.

If you look at Ft Wood they now have training site with stationary
trucks and piles of sandbags to they can teach new soldiers how to up
armor and protect their vehicles. Those sites appeared about a year
ago.

Tim A. Scherrer
MAJ, MI, USAR
Assistant Professor of Military Science