RE: [MV] 1008 pricing

From: Ziptar.mil-veh.list@ziptar.com
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 12:35:45 PDT

That's kind of a tough question...

I have been watching M1009 prices lately as I would like to be in one soon,
now that I have moved to a place with some room. Seems like interest has
dropped off in them or at least the pricing. Last year when I looked around
for one I saw $6000 being the average for a decent one.

G/L Auctions seem to be hovering around $3000 for a complete one.. There is
a an M1008 http://tinyurl.com/9x474 and M1028 http://tinyurl.com/awpmv
coming up at Letterkenny Army Depot Chambersburg, PA. They both look to be
in good shape without any cannibilzation.

Dealers still seem to be trying to get $5500 or more for one, and I have
seen some ambulances priced at $7K on average. There is a dealer near me
with two 1009s that he is asking for $5500 for and they have been in the
autotrader for many months maybe a year even. Other Recent dealer ads I have
seen on autotrader were priced at $7199 and $9500.

However the open market doesn't seem to be supporting this. I have watched
several on ebay with "Buy it Now" prices of $5000 or more that have gone
unsold, one seller is going on his 3rd listing for the two he is offering.
One just closed a couple of days ago in Alabama with a starting bid of $3800
and got no bids (the front end had been swapped with a Dana 44 thought,
might have something to do with it.) In the past month two have
successfully sold on ebay, one for $2,257.32 (nice texas truck) and another
for $3500 (1009 that had been modified for rock crawling). There was one
more that opened at $100 with a reserve and $7000 "Buy it Now" and the
bidding only got up to $760, it had aftermarket aluminum rims on it. So it
seems just about any CUCV with a "Buy it now" or reserve over $2000 just
isn't getting any interest. I have seen this one auctioned a few times over
the year http://tinyurl.com/d83xw no takers yet. There is however a Nice
M1028 in California with a $4400 "buy it now", http://tinyurl.com/87c5o if
it wasn't so far I'd give $4400 for it. It's got the diesel fired Artic
Heater, not that I need one in Florida. There is a private party selling
M1028 cheap in Wisconsin for $2000 needs some work though "no rust, lots of
dents, bad transmission" http://tinyurl.com/8lo3x

After all that I am still not sure... Maybe if it were complete and in
really great shape fresh from DoD service $5000. If it has been used and
abused by someone for a couple of years and needs work $3000 tops. Something
like you are looking at post FD use probably maintained, painted red, $2500
- $3500?? Maybe..