DOT & dash

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 22:16:29 PDT

Lads,

It's late and I want to go home....I've been answering your mails from my DOT pickup. So for tonight, a final bit of information.

There is a trick to all of this and it is this. There are applicable state laws and applicable federal laws. Do not confuse the two or play both ends against the middle.

Also, as a rule, your state will likely have laws regarding driver's license, insurance, inspection, registration and equipment. Rarely do these laws intersect in any way. So when a question comes up and you want to research it, remember to define what the nature of the question is and go to that section of law. This will help you avoid a LOT of confusion and frustration.

Will try to answer more questions as time permits and if anyone on the list wants me to respond exclusively off the list and out of this forum I'm ok with that...but I was posting responses back to the list so as to avoid answering the same question from more than one person over and over again.

Regards,
TJ