Re: [MV] Oh NO!..DOT

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 22:06:40 PDT

Ryan,

> Seems like the adding bit is superfluous.

Not at all....that trailer is where you'll find the primary load carrying ability of most vehicles in combination.

> >So, your best source of information on what YOU
> >need in your area is your local driver's license
> >office. Ask for their CDL handbook; the study
> >guide for taking a CDL test. It will spell out
> >the ins and outs of CDL in your state quite
> >clearly.

Ryan's response - > Except where they incorrectly interpret Federal
> Law and in my case even state law as to where it
> regards non-commercial Class B and A licenses.
> The kicker was being told I had to be a farmer or
> Firefighter to get the license. The State law
> specifically said, "any resident over the age of
> 18" as it's chriteria. Nothing was said about
> occupation or use...

Well, if you want to find out what is going on in YOUR state, you must first answer this question. Did your state adopt FMCSR section 383 as their CDL law or have they retained their original state law? In either case go to your driver's license office and get the book.

TJ