Re: [MV] My recent run in with the Commercial Vehicle Police - Indiana

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 17:05:45 PDT

But you probably had to pull the fifth wheel off the tractor, right? Do
you pull a gooseneck flatbed with it - or a big RV trailer, or?

I met a guy once who was selling tie downs at car shows and he had a
converted Freightliner air ride tractor with a 16 foot box on the back.
   He had a virtual apartment in the box - behind that he hauled a
30,000 lb pintle hitch trailer with what must have been a 35 foot long
box on that. All of his wares was in the box and it opened to form a
sales trailer. Pretty impressive. I think he was from Pennsylania. He
was registered as an RV and he told me that although the had tried to
get him before - that he never stops at weigh stations. He had been
doing this for some time. My rig is a lot lighter than his is.

Dave