Re: [MV] Cummins run away

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 08:38:50 PDT

Don't know if this applies or not but after I got my M816 it was hard to
keep a steady idle till after it warmed up (about 15 min) some. It would
always wanted to keep the RPM going up and up and I would have to keep
pushing the hand throttle back in. I had greased all the linkage and WD on
top of that but nothing helped I just thought it was something I was going
to have to live with.
Then it ran out of fuel and after a little help (read as he did most of
it:-)) from Kenny we got it fired back up and the next time I went to use
it, no more idle problems, it would stay at whatever speed I set it at. I
don't how or why but it worked. I got the truck from the State of Alabama
so I don't know what fuel they had in it but it has a steady diet of farm
(off-road) fuel now. Wayne