Governor question for you REO hotshots

From: J (W7LS@BLARG.NET)
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 22:14:02 PDT

    Our deuce wrecker M108 with a REO 331 gasser has two governors. One
is to limit engine rpm and is located on the front of the engine. That
one is not the problem. The second governor regulates the engine rpm to
1700 when using the rear PTO to power the hydraulic crane pump. A long
time ago, in a galaxy far far away, someone messed it up. Well, it's a
half century old, and then some.
   Does anyone know of technical info on this governor, like how to
adjust it, how it works, etc? The manual I have says that if it isn't
working, put a new one on there. Yeah,.....ok. The carb looks like a
Holly 2101, if I recall. Thanks. Jim