Re: [MV] CARC questions

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 21:11:59 PDT

Hi Marc,

CARC stands for Chemical Agent Resistant Coating I believe. It is a
very rough finish paint and I'm not positive when it was brought into
service. As for the dangers, the materials that it is made from are
VERY hazardous to get into your lungs if you are applying or removing
it. I'm sure that someone will give a breakdown of what it is and what
it is made of but I would be VERY cautious using it.

As for me I really like it and the way it looks on my CUCV. I'll
replace it if I add a new part or have damage repaired. My body shop
guy already has it in the colors needed for woodland and he is an
ex-Army mechanic so he knows what to do and what not to do while using it.

All in all as far as I'm concerned use it but be safe, especially where
breathing the fumes or the dust from it.

Best Regards,

Ed