Re: [MV] Governor question for you REO hotshots

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 01:11:11 PDT

Hi J ,
         The most likely setup will be a centrifugal governor ! This will be
an assembly of fly weights loading a spring ! When the force exerted by the
weights equals the opposite force of the spring then equilibrium is the
governed speed ! By adjusting the spring loading one can alter the governed
speed . A system of levers , links and more springs will connect the
rotating bits to the carb and control the speed .
Now I have a question , how does the engine know which governor is in
command , there must be something to bring in the crane governor !
If the TM is no help then you need someone who can look at the bits and
fathom out how it all works , then fix and adjust it ! SORRY I`m to far
away ! UK

                                       Good Luck Noel