all concerned MVPA members and future members

From: twoodburn (twoodburn@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 11:07:42 PDT

 "let me be the first to say, I WILL NOT BE JOINING."

Now, this is just what we don't need. My first reaction to this situation
was, "I hope I remembered to pay my dues so I can help make a change".
  When Jim went through this problem the first time getting elected I told
him that if didn't get elected I would run for the board. Thank goodness he
got elected, bottom line, change can only come from within not from hiding
your head in the sand.
  I not really taking sides on either side of this P---ing match due to the
fact I really don't have all the facts from both sides of the fray.
  I will say that Jim is sort of the unofficial east coast representative
of MVPA and is very easy
to talk to at any event. I have made a point to talk to other MVPA directors
at events across the U.S. and have not always felt like I was welcomed to
express my ideas or opinions.
  That's life, Their loss not mine but I tried.
  Yes, I pay my dues every year #16138 and my name has been in the top
recruiter list often.
  MVPA is a nonprofit volunteer organization.
Want to make a change? Step away from the computer and volunteer for a
committee then get yourself elected to the board.
Bottom Line .... Put your Time, Talent and Treasure where your mouth

Tom Woodburn
#16138
Fastest delete key in southern Indiana