Re: [MV] to all interested MVPA yada yada

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 21:57:08 PDT

It really depends upon how the MVPA corporation bylaws were setup.
Since the MVPA is a non profit corporation, then I believe that the
board members call all of the shots. I doubt if the "members" have any
legal recourse unless it is specifically written into the bylaws. On
top of that, the board members can usually ammend and change the bylaws
at anytime. If they document the changes properly then everything is
legal. It sounds like they have a lawyer involved (I saw one mention of
that on the G503 list) so I would guess that their legal house is in
order. Apparently they do not feel the need to make the corporate
bylaws available to their members as I saw some members requesting that
on the G503 website, but I saw no reply from the MVPA.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've spent enough money on lawyers to pay for
their kids braces. And get a head start on college. (:-<)

Dave