Re: [MV] AFRICAN FRAUDSTER and olive drab paint

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 13:04:49 PDT

Ryan,

You are greatly overestimating the average American with a computer and
a modem.

If my mother-in-law had access to a computer - her bank account would be
  empty and she would be waiting for the checks to arrive from Nigeria.

Ask me about a scam that she hasn't been involved with - ex: how about
$10,000 to reface her 5 kitchen cabinets, etc. "I just gave them the
numbers on my check while we were on the telephone and they took all of
my money". The prime property she bought in Tennessee - yet it cannot
be resold, etc.

She is about to sell a cottage that she got in a divorce settlement for
about 1/2 market value. Because she promised a "friend" that they could
have it.

It goes on and on. Something "happens" about once a month.

Dave