Iraq winning or losing

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 21:19:51 PDT

Reading & Watching the news can become extremely frustrating.

I think it depends on which TV Channel you watch. Channels 2 - 4 & CNN
say we are the most terribly inept military people & are losing the war.

Channel 5 & FOX News we are doing good. I think they cover the overall
picture more often.

If you talk to troops by e-mail & when they are home on R & R or after their
return, we are doing fine.

Either way, we are fighting with rules against brutal, vicious,
bloodthirsty, confused, suicidal individuals, who have no rules. If you
want to look for the bad stories, they are available.

You will never read about the Soldiers & Marines earning Silver Stars &
Purple Hearts, while doing an absolutely great job.

---------
When I hear an Elected Politician bad mouth the troops, all I can think of
is that his pay check should stop immediately. Unfortunately the
NON-Veteran Congress & Senate Members have no idea what is the real world in
the military.

Congress is right, we should close GITMO. We should send them to prison IN
Iraq & Afghanistan. Take away the 3 meals & codling prison conditions.
Put them under the new Iraq guards. I wonder if the complaints would be as
public.

Enough said !!!

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
US ARMY Retired
NJ State Commander Korean War Veterans Association
MVPA, MTA