Re: [MV] Iraq winning or losing

From: Chris Somers (bone184bw@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 22:03:53 PDT

 I'm not allowed to say much on where I was, but we,
the US Military, have found some "Funky" shit over
there. There's been locations that I was in we were in
full MOPP Gear and had "chemical warning strips" on,
these strips you wrap around your body and weapon &
they change color according to what chemical agent
you've came in contact with. I'm not a chemical agent
expert but I've been trained well enough to know that
the colors they changed to is some nasty stuff.
 Now these aren't technically consider WMD's because
it was only the chemical agent with no delivery method
and didn't meet the standard of a WMD.

 The defiontion of a WMD is as follows:
Any weapon or device that is intended, or has the
capability, to cause death or serious bodily injury to
a significant number of people through the release,
dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous
chemicals or their precursors, a disease organism, or
radiation or radioactivity.

 So when people say there were no WMD's, I agree with
that statement to an extent. But to me I don't want to
wait until it meets the standards & definition above,
would you want you kids to wait?
 Again this is just my thoughts and opions, please
just egg or TP my house! And in now way am I telling
anyone else they can't have their opions as well, but
all I ask is for them to see both sides before they
say yah or nay.

Chris

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/10/20041007-6.html

> Google is an amazing tool for those that care to use
> it :-)
>
> Steve
>
> On Jun 30, 2005, at 9:24 PM, Joe Foley wrote:
>
> > Depends on your definition of WOMD!
> >
> > They DID find them, they found the portable
> chemical
> > weapon labs, several of them. They just didn't
> get
> > much media coverage.
> >
> > They DID find that some of the equipment was moved
> > Syria with the help of the Russians. It just
> didn't
> > get much media coverage.
> >
> > They DID find huge bunkers of poison chemicals on
> > military bases. The media didn't report it as
> such,
> > they said it was insecticide. I guess it just
> depends
> > on your definition of the word "infestation".
> >
> > When "some group of people" destroyed the contents
> of
> > that museum that contained artifacts dating back
> > the beginning of civilization the media blamed it
> on
> > the Americans' lack of security in the area just
> taken
> > from Sadam's control. But everyone else knew it
> was
> > Sadam's last kick in the shorts of the Americans,
> > cheap attempt to embarrass them on the
> international
> > stage.
> >
> > Are you beginning to see a pattern here, or shall
> I go
> > on?
> >
> > There WAS one mass grave found in Iraq that wasn't
> the
> > work of Sadam,..... at least, ... not directly....
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > Some of them were driving HMV's
> >

> > --- chris case <chriscase@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I have a thought on the Iraqi WMDs. Why didn't
> the
> >> powers that be decide to
> >> NOT FIND any? I mean, if we REALLY wanted to
> find
> >> some, we could have had
> >> the SEALs bring them in, then have the Green
> Berets
> >> find them. Simple,
> >> that's what those guys do. But why didn't we
> want
> >> to ? Whose bread is
> >> buttered on the 'no wmd' side? One little covert
> >> op, and GWB looks great-
> >> again. So, why not?
> >>

> >> ===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list===
> >> To unsubscribe, send e-mail to:
> >> <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> >> To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to
> >> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>
> >> To reach a human, contact <ack@mil-veh.org>

> > <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

> To unsubscribe, send e-mail to:
> <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Chris Somers
US Army (Ret.)
Combat Wounded
Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet 300+ Missions 2004-2005
American Legion #420
MVPA Member #28977
Proud Owner-1953 M38A1