Re: [MV] Iraq winning or losing

From: Chris Somers (bone184bw@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 05:55:30 PDT

 I just returned from Iraq not to long ago due to
injuries recieved in combat. 1st of all let me start
off by saying that in no way are we losing. The one
thing I realized when I was over there is that it's a
clear cut situation over there, but when you see it
over here there tends to be more limitations as to
what we see.
 As I started off saying that in no way are we losing,
but at the same time we're not allowing overselves to
fully win the situation either. I say this due to the
limitations we place on our combat operations, we need
to allow our men in the field the resources to fight
and win against a terroist enemy and then not be so
eager to charge them for a crime. We must support the
decisions that our soldiers make as for it's them that
keep the U.S. Safe, I'm not saying that we should let
our soldiers kill 'em all, but let them do their job
without fear of being ivestigated and charged. We need
to remember back to the Korea an Vietnan Era, we can't
sign a treaty with terroist.

That's just my 2 cents worth, I'm not trying to start
a riot or step on anyone's toes.

Chris Somers
US Army (Ret.)
Combat Wounded
Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet 300+ Missions 2004-2005
American Legion #420
MVPA Member #28977
Proud Owner-1953 M38A1