Re: [MV] Iraq winning or losing

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 13:49:44 PDT

On Jul 1, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Ryan Gill wrote:

> True Cliff, but we should at least keep this all civil and polite, if
> not for the other party, then for the rest of the list. I'd rather
> save my ire for the protestors that seem to think getting cars to honk
> outside my office building all day is a good way to change public
> policy. Pulling out now won't do any good and will cause much harm.

Well said.

As to pulling out... I'm not surprised that some people are calling for
time tables (including some Repub Congressmen that were gung-ho war up
until a few months ago), but that is the absolute worst thing we could
possibly do. History has shown that we need to finish what we started
because things will likely get worse and we'll have to clean it up
sooner rather than later, but at greater cost. Whether you support the
war or not, one should support staying there until the job is finished.
  If for no other reason than humanitarian, because it doesn't take a
lot of imagination to think what those insurgent thugs will do if we
leave.

Steve