RE: [MV] Drill instructors accused of going too far

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 05:48:39 PDT

When I joined this list several years ago, I used to partake in this political banter here. I was
told that this is not the appropriate place to show off how politically astute I was, and that
others objected to my using this list as a soapbox for my political beliefs. So I stopped.

Occasionally, I think it is ok to make a comment of a political nature, but when it becomes a thread
that takes up 90% of the bandwidth, that is very rude.

Please keep this crap off of the MV list. It is offensive, moronic and also against the rules.

No one cares about your opinions here. Express them in the ballot box, and if you lose, get over
yourself.

That applies to all of the idiots who can't take a hint. No one is singling out this post in
particular. This is just the one that finally got me angry enough for my insulting self to come
out.