Shermans and such as construction vehicles....

From: Steve (FLYNN1955@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 07:09:39 PDT

Well if you saw the drill rig perhaps you visited the Sherman Register/
G104 site?Yarders are in use everyday ,built on Sherman chassis's or
components.High speed artillery tractors(you look'm up,M4-5-6 etc)were
also favorite.I started on this list years ago excited about 50 M75's in
Woodland Washington.That was what they were destined to become,logging
equipment.The Industry took a dive and finally they sold for $2,000 a
piece...saved! Madhill is a manufacturer,based in Canada and Washington
St.which rebuilt and carried out the conversions.Seco is and was the
buyer and seller of a lot of equipment .I might have just part of the
story....let the rest get filled in as it is a good topic.

Steve
WC51