RE: [MV] Drill instructors accused of going too far

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 18:25:49 PDT

Rude is rude, get it

-----Original Message-----
From: MV [mailto:MV@dc9.tzo.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:09 AM
To: Fred H. Schlesinger
Subject: Re: [MV] Drill instructors accused of going too far

Well Fred,

I've got to say something here.

While this list occassionally goes off the tracks - the thread ends in
just a couple of days and that is it. Typically, I find the content of
even the off topic threads somewhat interesting. Personally I did not
find the Drill instructor thread interesting. Oftentimes I find the
jeep discussion uninteresting. However I don't start ranting about how
the thread is going off topic. I sort the mail by subject, select the
stuff I wish to ignore and hit the delete key.

This is a mail list. You don't have to wade through all of the off
topic stuff if you don't want to. It's your call.

If the same thing happened on a web forum like steel soldiers, it would
be a lot more difficult to ignore. Hence they have to keep their list
spotless and IMO oppressive.

Hence I don't do many web forums. They waste too much time.

If some people couldn't figure that out, that's too bad.. Most of them
should know by now.

I find your other remaining comments out of place, and personally
attacking. I would hope that the people on this list can express
themselves without calling people they disagree with names.

PS. I don't do email when I'm angry.

Regards,

Dave