CUCV Bumm'n Me Out Pt.. well who's counting anymore?

From: Tom Kelly (tjk2356@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 18:00:07 PDT

Thanks for all the replies. Noel, what I know about diesels can be
summed up in the next statement. Not much....... But I'm sure getting a
quick education. I had my lovely wife get up and go start the truck
while I did the bleeding. I got fuel and what I consider good pressure
at the injectors. It started on the either and ran on the diesel for
about two revolutions or so. (you can tell the difference between the
either and the diesel) After bleeding them all I noticed some remaining
dampness on #1's injector, around the incoming fuel line where it goes
through the nut. I'm thinking, ...wait a minute, I tightened that pretty
good, but I better take a look.

 So I unscrew the hold down nut and find the fuel line is not seated
properly down into the injector but up on the rim instead. I had taken
both #1 and #2's lines off to check for flow. I held #1's line in place
while I screwed the nut back down, I checked #2 and found the same
situation, so I corrected that too. I think I will check all the lines
for proper insertion even though I didn't remove the rest. The book says
you should open the nut one turn when bleeding, I opened them all 4-5
turns, just short of coming loose, so possibly some, or all the lines
are out of place as well.

 I probably won't get to this until Friday, as it gets over 100 degrees
here by 11 AM so I work from 5 am to 10 or 11 AM (I don't have a shop
yet) but I'm hoping that this is just a simple screw up on my part, and
this will account for my inadequate fuel and/or air in the system
problem. I can see where improperly installed lines could cause both
symptoms. I'll let you know what I find out, but it will be a couple of
days.

Thanks - Tom
Buckeye, AZ