Re: [MV] Special license needed for a deuce and a half?

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 14:37:14 PDT

I'm looking at the back of my Calif Class A non-commercial license.
It says, "71. CL. A RESTRICTED TO TOWING TRAILER COACHES ONLY, NOT FOR
COMPENSATION - NOT FOR CL. 8 VEHICLES"

Oh, well. I reckon this license doesn't allow me to drive a deuce? You
might want to ask the DMV why they require a Class A license for a deuce but
not for a 3-axle diesel pusher motor home that's longer and sometimes
heavier than a deuce.

Dick