Re: [MV] CUCV starter relay interchange

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 16:30:42 PDT

On further inspection, it turns out that those two blobs of metal were
the contacts,
and what I thought was the contact, was a back stop for the arm to rest on.

Now I am not positive as to what caused what. I suspect that the
original problem,
being a bad starter, did not fry the original relay, but when the
replacement was put in, it fried
the replacement, but not bad enought to make it fail right away.

Bruce MVPA 23824