Re: [MV] CUCV starter relay interchange

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 15:59:44 PDT

Hi John,
    A while back, I had a problem with the starting system and I
replaced the relay with
the AC Delco 15591718. Turned out that that wasn't the problem. I kept
the take out
though. It wasn't very long before this chinese dog dropping failed. I
put the take out back
in and it worked fine ever since.
    When I saw your post, I decided to open up the bad relay and take a
look at it, since
I hadn't thrown it out yet. The contact area is just a stamping with a
bump in it. It was fused
together and I noticed two other blobs of molten metel next to it.

Please let us know if anyone finds a source of "made in USA" relays for
this app.

Bruce MVPA 23824