Re: [MV] front axle seal

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 12:11:09 PDT

What is leaking out is the diff fluid mixed with the packing
grease from the CV joint housing.

As I understand it, you have to remove the wheel, bearings and
hub, then pull the big bearing and brake carrier plate off with
lots of bolts, then you can pull the axle.

The seal is inside the axle tube and you need a puller to get it
out. Also, note that the axle may have a wear groove or band on
it from the old seal. This could possibly make a NOS seal leak,
if the rubber is hardened. Not sure how exactly the new seal is
installed.

I am sure others have done this and will comment.

PJ